Webster Technique Doctor
Dr. Steven Paliakas is certified in the Webster Technique™ and has been treating pregnant women for 18 years.
The Webster Technique is a specific chiropractic analysis and diversified adjustment. The goal of the adjustment is to reduce the effects of sacral subluxation. In doing so neuro-biomechanical function of the pelvis is improved.
“Supportive healthcare providers, renewed trust in the body, and whole health benefits of chiropractic are becoming vital ingredients to an overall easier and safer delivery for the mother and the baby.”
-Jeanne Ohm DC
Pregnancy and birth are a natural process and chiropractic plays a supportive role for the mother and the baby by:
- Reducing interference to the mother’s vital nerve system which controls and re-coordinates her systems and functions
- Preparing the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in the pelvic bony structures, muscles and ligaments
- Removing tension in the ligaments that support the uterus thus potentially reducing aberrant tension to the woman’s uterus
- Offering the baby room to move, thus minimizing restrictions to formation of the cranium, spine and other skeletal structures
- Offering the baby room to move into the best possible position for birth
With proper fetal positioning, there is a significant decrease in the need for birth intervention.
Prenatal chiropractic adjustments are very gentle and utilizes “low-force” techniques.